SCSC's Youth Mental Health Navigators (YMHN) guide timely access to mental health services by developing and maintaining relationships with school staff, families and mental health professionals.
Youth Mental Health Navigators…
- Support students and families in navigating community resources to quickly access effective mental health support.
- Work directly with parents, providing education, advocacy, active listening, and any ongoing support needed for access to services.
- Develop relationships with community agencies/service providers.
- Provide continued support and communication.
- Refer students showing any signs of need for external mental health support to the YMHN.
- Work directly with students, providing teaching, services, and behavioral and crisis intervention.
- Utilize YMHNs as a resource for staff, parents, and students.
- Provide information/access needed for YMHNs to connect with families.